What is a Traineeship?
Traineeship is a flexible employment based training arrangement. It combines work with structured training and varies in length from 12 months to 2-3 years.
Who is Eligible?
Both existing and new employees may be eligible.
• Employed for more than three months full-time, or
• more than 12 months part-time or casual
• Employed for less than three months full-time, or
• less than 12 months part-time or casual
To be eligible for government funding, employees must:
• Work a minimum of 15 hours per week
• Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
• Must not already hold a Certificate 3 or higher tertiary qualification
How would traineeships benefit my staff?
• A nationally accredited qualification upon completion
• The opportunity to choose a career path through accredited qualifications
• Have their existing skills formally recognised with a nationally accredited qualification
• Develop their existing skills further
• Learn new skills and techniques
• Increase their self esteem and self worth
How would traineeships benefit the organisation?
• It reinforces your commitment to your employees, to provide a safe, professional and supportive work environment
• It helps make your business more competitive by improving the skills of your workforce
• Increases employees' commitment and job satisfaction and thereby,
• Increases productivity
• Reduces staff turnover
• Improves staff morale and loyalty
• Builds staff confidence by increasing their skills and knowledge
• Trained staff become valuable staff
How is training delivered?
Training will be delivered on a one-on-one basis and/or in small groups. Delivery mode is at your discretion. We will ensure minimal disruption to your business operations, and our trainers' precence will be non-obstrusive assessment, observation and instruction.
What training resources do I receive?
We provide each trainee with a tailored training manual at no additional cost. Where appropiate we will incorporate your existing compnay policies and procedures into the Futurum program and manuals. Customised manuals can be developed at an extra costs to your organisation.
What are the training outcomes
Each employee received a nationally accredited training certificate. Theses certificates will be issued by Futurum and are recognised and valued within each inducstry sector.
Do I have to incur any training costs?
Government incentives and subsidies are designed to assist and support employers of trainess, therefore, you are not expected to pay the cost of providing on-the-job training in the competencies of the trainee. After an initial set-up cost, Futurum fees will only be billed once your receive government financial incentives.
When do I get paid?
Employers get paid in 2 stages as the trainee progresses through the training. Futurum will assist you with following:
• The Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC) arranges these payment on behalf of the Government
• One payment is made when reaching 3 months. The other is paid on completion
Why do employees need training?
If any of your current business goals include the following: improving the quality of products, increasing productivity, improving customer service, increase competitiveness - then you need training!
Does the completion of the training mean I have to change pay conditions for my employees?
Certification does not automatically mean a change in pay conditions. We are enhancing the skills of our employees in their current positions, not changing their positions. Changes to employees' pay are at your discretion.